Saturday 17 March 2012

Jumperoo woohoooo!

I succumbed. I swore I'd never spend this much on a toy. £80 (and that's with a discount as John Lewis were price matching someone). But then I remembered I had a £40 Brent Cross voucher given to us by a very generous friend of the family.

I made the decision after spending a few afternoons with Evie, playing and generally larking about being BFF's (natch). We have a lovely pink Next play mat that was a gift and it's lovely and comfortable and has served it's purpose well. But she's bored of it. It doesn't stimulate her as much as it needs to. Although she can reach out and hit and kick the toys, she really wants to grab them, ultimately so she can put them in her mouth. We've tried propping her up on pillows so they're closer and all sorts. It eventually became clear that she needs something a little more interactive.

Introducing a flashy piece of kit if I ever saw one-
This doesn't really give you an accurate idea of the size. However, we live in a one bed flat and this takes up pretty much most of the space between our 2 sofas.

This is a video of Evie having a right old bounce on only her second ever go. The best part is near the end when she sees my bowl of cereal and thinks it's for her. Heart warming stuff. And noisy too!


She started off only focusing on the front with the flashing lights. Daddy then spent half an hour showing her the spinning crocodile that is behind her. She showed no interest in it whatsoever. Until the next day! She bounced away playing with the front, stopped, turned round and span it. Not prompted by anyone. Proud Mummy! It's been worth every penny so far. Next I just have to invest in some ear plugs!

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment