Saturday 11 February 2012

Hula Hoop Hoo Ha

My post pregnancy work out regime was something I'd already planned (in my mind) in the first trimester. I was quite sure it would work and I was even a little excited. Of course, at this time, I had NO IDEA a) how unbelievably tired I'd be or b) how little time I'd actually have to execute this 'regime'.

However, my idea was to hula hoop to music around the flat. In this ideal scenario, Evie would be content to sit in her bouncer on the floor, I'd put on MTV grab the hoop and dance my self into a frenzy. This would increase my heart rate and give me a little cardio workout and the hoop would work my core to whittle my waist back down to pre pregnancy glory.

In my mind, I had visions of me getting down with my bad self a la Beyonce.


The rather upsetting reality is that I can't actually keep the hoop up for more than 2 spins. I don't remember it being difficult in the school playground? What's up with that?!

I will try it again, if not it'll get put into the outdoor gym (this is actually a shed with all the unwanted exercise equipment I've bought in the past, including a ballet bar...Wtf?)

Yours, lacking in coordination and core strength,

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment